Blackpool Music Academy and School intends to ensure that personal information is treated lawfully and correctly.
Blackpool Music School, is also known as Blackpool Music Institution.
To this end, Blackpool Music Academy and School will adhere to the Principles of GDPR, 25th May 2018
Specifically, the Principles require that personal information:
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met.
- Shall be obtained only for one or more of the purposes specified, and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to those purpose(s)
- Shall be accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date,
- Shall not be kept for longer than is necessary
- Shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the GDPR.
- Shall be kept secure by the Data Controller who takes appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information.
- Shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of Individuals/Service Users in relation to the processing of personal information.
Blackpool Music Academy and School will, through appropriate management and strict application of criteria and controls:
- Observe fully conditions regarding the fair collection and use of information
- Meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which information is used
- Collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil its operational needs or to comply with any legal requirements
Blackpool Music Academy and School needs to collect and use certain types of information about the Individuals or Service Users who come into contact with BMA/BMS in order to carry on our work. This personal information must be collected and dealt with appropriately whether is collected on paper, stored in a computer database, or recorded on other material and there are safeguards to ensure this under the (General Data Protection regulation).
2. Data Controller
Blackpool Music Academy and School is theData Controller under the GDPR, which means that it determines what purposes personal information held, will be used for. It is also responsible for notifying the Information Commissioner of the data it holds or is likely to hold, and the general purposes that this data will be used for.
Blackpool Music Academy and School may share data with other agencies such as the local authority, funding bodies and other voluntary agencies.The Individual/Service User will be made aware in most circumstances how and with whom their information will be shared. There are circumstances where the law allows BMA/BMS to disclose data (including sensitive data) without the data subject’s consent.
- Carrying out a legal duty or as authorised by the Secretary of State
- Protecting vital interests of a Individual/Service User or other person
- The Individual/Service User has already made the information public
- Conducting any legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice or defending any legal rights
- Monitoring for equal opportunities purposes –i.e. race, disability or religion
- Providing a confidential service where the Individual/Service User’s consent cannot be obtained or where it is reasonable to proceed without consent: e.g. where we would wish to avoid forcing stressed or ill Individuals/Service Users to provide consent signatures.
Blackpool Music Academy and School, regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to successful working, and to maintaining the confidence of those with whom we deal.